Monday, August 3, 2009

Think twice before getting two dogs……

Every time I go out for work and return late in the night, I am fraught with a deep sense of guilt. My little Rover is left alone at home throughout the day to fend for himself. But what do I do to solve this problem? When I sought my friend’s advice he told why don’t you get another puppy so that they can give each other company and also eliminate those wrinkles from your face? Hearing this from him, I felt ecstatic. But when I read about a news post that spoke about the negative effects of keeping two dogs at home, my worries clawed back again.


The report said since two dogs belong to a similar species, they are bound to come closer to each other. In the process, they would start paying less attention to their human owners. To add to your woes, the training time also needs to be doubled up, since each dog requires special care and attention. Very often it also happens that the death of one dog very closely follows that of its counterpart.

So what you can do is during your period of absence, you can keep him engaged with some activity. But you are too moved by your doggie’s predicament and is hell bent on getting another one then it’s always better to go for a male and female. They bond well with each other.

And finally remember you have to spend more time with each one of them. So, if you are ready to take on the hassles, then go for it without any inhibitions.

0 comments: